Sharon Steinborn is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with a practice in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Sharon has a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Counseling. She previously practiced in Chicago and Los Angeles.
Sharon is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address their specific challenges regarding anxiety and their personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, Sharon works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Sharon's Recent lectures:
- Treatment of Anxiety. Mesilla Valley Psychiatric Hospital
- "Resilience". Las Cruces Public School System
- OCD: Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) Sponsored by International OCD Foundation in conjunction with UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
- International OCD Foundation Conference/Training. Sponsored by Harvard Medical School/ McLean Hospital
- PTSD training with Dr. Edna Foa, University of Pennsylvania, Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
- Anxiety and Related Disorders: Efficacy, Effectiveness, and Dissemination. Sponsored by Anxiety Disorders Association of America and the VA Boston
- The Best Evidence-Based Techniques to Treat Anxety, Panic, OCD, Phobias and PTSD.
- Toxic People: Living and Working with High-Conflict Individuals
- Trauma, PTSD and Grief
- Listening To The Body: Understanding the Language of Stress-Related Symptoms
Health and Wholeness: Finding Harmony in a Stressful World
Anxiety Disorders Association of America
International OCD Foundation
Association of Marriage and Family Therapists